- PP001VD A cycom - void Drum & Bass
- PP001VD B cycom - static electrikal rmx Drum & Bass
- PP001VD C cycom - static electrikal Drum & Bass
- PP002VD A barth - schizophrenic Drum & Bass
- PP002VD B barth - cyclotron Drum & Bass
- PP003MD A buzz - soulburn Drum & Bass
- PP003MD B buzz - neo's dream Drum & Bass
- PP004ME A manu harmilapi - plain electronics pt1 Electronic
- PP004ME B manu harmilapi - plain electronics pt2 Electronic
- PP005MD A iaka - the one you like Drum & Bass
- PP005MD B iaka - the one i like Drum & Bass
- PP006ME A mikrogram - bolzplatz Electronic
- PP006ME B mikrogram - hallfeder Electronic
- PP007ME A manu harmilapi - suspect Electronic
- PP007ME B manu harmilapi - error Electronic
- PP008MD A1 cycom - mathematics Drum & Bass
- PP008MD B1 cycom - blow up Drum & Bass
- PP008MD B2 cycom - the dream Drum & Bass
- PP009MD A1 martsman - genom Drum & Bass
- PP009MD B1 martsman - antifunny Drum & Bass
- PP009MD B2 martsman - outsider(bad matter remix) Drum & Bass
- PP010ME A1 staub - little by little Electronic
- PP010ME B1 staub - back then Electronic
- PP010ME B2 staub - schizoid Electronic
- PP011MD A1 hek187 - enemy's inside Drum & Bass
- PP011MD B1 hek187 - mc guyver Drum & Bass
- PP011MD B2 hek187 - high rollah Drum & Bass
- PP012MX 01 lxc - we have to hold apart Experimental
- PP012MX 02 lxc - too ying to die yang Experimental
- PP012MX 03 lxc - those who are against us are for us Experimental
- PP012MX 04 lxc - there where we were anywhere Experimental
- PP012MX 05 lxc - nothing but nothing at all Experimental
- PP012MX 06 lxc - crimp my pride Experimental
- PP012MX 07 lxc - not against the current but climbing out of the water Experimental
- PP012MX 08 lxc - do add your self Experimental
- PP012MX 09 lxc - next is lie previous is truth Experimental
- PP012MX 10 lxc - kicking the shit out of the shit Experimental
- PP012MX 11 lxc - if your phone rings today water it Experimental
- PP013MD A bad matter - soul on fire Drum & Bass
- PP013MD B bad matter - look Drum & Bass
- PP014MD A1 macc - air drumming Drum & Bass
- PP014MD B1 macc - hallucination first Drum & Bass
- PP014MD B2 macc - refuge Drum & Bass
- PP015MX 01 repetition/distract - kurhotel, sewastopol Experimental
- PP015MX 02 repetition/distract - a visitor for mr. merrick, from hell Experimental
- PP015MX 03 repetition/distract - blink, and you'll be even more confused Experimental
- PP015MX 04 repetition/distract - paracetamol Experimental
- PP015MX 05 repetition/distract - black black black black Experimental
- PP015MX 06 repetition/distract - wir warten darauf, dass das leben beginnt Experimental
- PP015MX 07 repetition/distract - does it help(hurt), loving? Experimental
- PP015MX 08 repetition/distract - she lays her head in there: lumber Experimental
- PP015MX 09 repetition/distract - she lays her head in there: condor Experimental
- PP015MX 10 repetition/distract - she lays her head in there: panorama Experimental
- PP016ME A1 ramon leon - james monacco Electronic
- PP016ME B1 ramon leon - yeah Electronic
- PP016ME B2 ramon leon - p.y.t Electronic
- PP017MD A1 buzz - revelation Drum & Bass
- PP017MD B1 buzz - dragon love Drum & Bass
- PP017MD B2 buzz - the ninth wave Drum & Bass
- PP018MX A mikrogram - the soul eq Experimental
- PP018MX B buzz - christmasbox Experimental
- PP019MD A cartridge - no data Drum & Bass
- PP019MD B1 cartridge - mystic key Drum & Bass
- PP019MD B2 cartridge - chemistry connections (martsman remix) Drum & Bass
- PP020MD A1 iaka - rumpelkiste Drum & Bass
- PP020MD A2 iaka - zappenduster Drum & Bass
- PP020MD B1 iaka - noloop Drum & Bass
- PP021MX A1 ijo - moise drill 2 Experimental
- PP021MX A2 ijo - sypmo Experimental
- PP021MX B1 ijo - dow_ Experimental
- PP021MX B2 ijo - frequa gembh Experimental
- PP022MD A1 hek187 - blue haze Drum & Bass
- PP022MD A2 hek187 - twizter Drum & Bass
- PP022MD B1 hek187 - rockwool vip Drum & Bass
- PP022MD B2 hek187 - big dawg Drum & Bass
- PP023MD A1 alpha omega - bad karma Drum & Bass
- PP023MD B1 alpha omega - shades of the past Drum & Bass
- PP023MD B2 alpha omega - rainshine Drum & Bass
- PP024MX A hi-lar - swampshack Experimental
- PP024MX B hi-lar - 12,5 bit future Experimental
- PP024MX C hi-lar - white rabbit Experimental
- PP024MX D hi-lar - back on trip Experimental
- PP024MX E hi-lar - sunstate (martsman remix) Experimental
- PP024MX F hi-lar - freaky platinum (cycom remix) Experimental
- PP025ME A1 simon/off - easy Electronic
- PP025ME A2 simon/off - away Electronic
- PP025ME B1 simon/off - begin Electronic
- PP025ME B2 simon/off - crime Electronic
- PP026MD A fushara - rising Drum & Bass
- PP026MD B fushara - irrational act Drum & Bass
- PP026MD C fushara - symbol of state Drum & Bass
- PP027MD A1 mendelayev - diagonal tunnels Drum & Bass
- PP027MD A2 mendelayev - gravi gun Drum & Bass
- PP027MD A3 mendelayev - essence in a bucket Drum & Bass
- PP028MX A soulsonic - itau Experimental
- PP028MX B soulsonic - evil side Experimental
- PP028MX C soulsonic - osr Experimental
- PP028MX D soulsonic - mind in trap Experimental
- PP029MD A1 cycom - isotope Drum & Bass
- PP029MD A2 cycom - distractions Drum & Bass
- PP029MD B1 cycom - funky giraffe Drum & Bass
- PP029MD B2 cycom - down the drain Drum & Bass
- PP030MD A sub - id Drum & Bass
- PP030MD B sub - when jupiter and saturn meet Drum & Bass
- PP030MD C sub - the monk tune Drum & Bass
- PP031ME 01 uv - the beta test Electronic
- PP031ME 02 uv - burn Electronic
- PP031ME 03 uv - fauna flash Electronic
- PP031ME 04 uv - smoke damage Electronic
- PP031ME 05 uv - nos calan gaeaf Electronic
- PP031ME 06 uv - lights Electronic
- PP031ME 07 uv - the colourful world of suru ukaeiya Electronic
- PP032MD A n-noiz - red spider nebula Drum & Bass
- PP032MD B n-noiz - hasaki Drum & Bass
- PP032MD C n-noiz - engines of abundance Drum & Bass
- PP032MD D n-noiz - vibin the crook feat. semtex mc Drum & Bass
- PP033MD A ijo - floka Drum & Bass
- PP033MD B ijo - minutower Drum & Bass
- PP034MD A1 shift - koji Drum & Bass
- PP034MD A2 shift - soultek Drum & Bass
- PP035MD A1 hek187 - sleepwalker Drum & Bass
- PP035MD B1 hek187 - nightmare Drum & Bass
- PP035MD B2 hek187 - submonztah Drum & Bass
cycom - void
The first release on plain productions featuring Cycom's trademark beats and Dustlab's vocals on Static Electrikal. A classic, which was sold out 2 weeks after its initial release. /// knowledge magazine [uk] Fans of old skool Photek and lovers of the new breed clinical sound of Teebee, Polar et al will be well into the lead track. Minimal, edgy and serious, 'Void' is a great tune, making its impact with razor sharp snares, ice-cold jazzy chords, lunar bleeps, bizarre vocals and punchy bass. ...
barth - schizophrenic
"What the fuck is a 2-step-beat?" ... such a saying could roughly describe the productions of Barth. The Amigaveteran has already shown that he's got the right sense for dodgy drum'n'bass productions. Barth previously released mp3-files on protocut.net, laying the groundwork for his debut on plain productions. As a "high-tech-audiofanatic" he fuses nested breakbeatism with funky sci-fi-sounds. His minimal productions feature high-quality sound design and go far beyond the straightness of other ...
buzz - soulburn
The perfect sound for the relaunch of our label this summer comes with Buzz' first release for plain productions. It combines the melodic deepness and funkiness of "Soulburn" with the edginess and drumscience of "Neo's Dream". Soulburn starts off with wide atmospheres and moody vibes and it wouldn't be a proper Buzz tune if it wasn't constantly evolving: the moody stepper soon becomes one beast of a track with lots of vocal-fx, chordstabs and massive drums. One for all you drum'n'bass-heads w ...
manu harmilapi - plain electronics
Two extremely sparse and debonair minimal tracks come from techno-veteran Manu Harmilapi and make it an eponymous first release. "plain electronics" creates a refined atmosphere of alienation, yet the two tracks proudly display their creator's club affinity by providing the ingredients of well-crafted clubtunes: pounding 4/4 beats, stripped down grooves and belting basslines. Manu Harmilapi's production is clear and precise, yet powerful and intriguing. Each measure demonstrates the many night ...
iaka - the one we like
iaka, label founder and dj, flexes his skills on this release. "the one we like" is his first output on his own label and it sports outstanding technique and unique sound. "the one you like" is a freshly shuffled roller featuring huge reese-bass clearly destined to get people's feet moving. it is very bass-heavy with occasional vocoder-vocals thrown in and reveals its full potential when the sequencer hookline finally hits you. massive. "the one i like" starts of with sinister atmosphere and d ...
mikrogram - bolzplatz
The second release on plain electronics. Mikrogram's "Bolzplatz" enters the soccerfield with two techno tracks of a different nature. Bolzplatz is a raunchy stomper loaded with lots of twinkling effects, degraded noise and sounds from the echo chamber. Shifting between mysterious chords and mad noise, this track comes rollin' like a heavyweight truck. The second track, Hallfeder, is a minimal dubtechy piece representing the man's calmer side. Still percussion-heavy, there's a much more relax ...
manu harmilapi - suspect error
Weird chopped up vocals mixed with 4/4 beats and a bouncy kickdrum are the ingredients of a fresh track: "Suspect" brings you minimalist electro deepness with a maximum hands-in-the-air factor. File under minimal pop. "Error" represents Manu Harmilapi's more experimental side. A very funky minimal tune and the secret A side to this release. Hypnotic, disturbing and pure. ...
cycom - mathematics
Cycom comes with three new tracks ranging from tough roller to breakbeat funk. "Mathematics" is a bass heavy state-of-the-art club track: rave stabs, huge subbass, funky drums - it's all there. The second track called "Blow up" reveals the man's hiphop roots: deadly deep subs meet one head nodder of a beat... and it keeps rollin' and rollin'. And then there's the funked up mystery of "The Dream" bringing you broken beats combined with haunting atmospheres reminiscent of the early years of drum ...
martsman - genom
Martsman's first release on plainaudio.com has mad potential. "Genom"'s funk-fueled new school beats are well combined with dread bass and spiralling delay fx. Martsman proves again that he is one of the few gifted producers to successfully connect the future to the past of drum'n'bass within just one track. "Let the bass kick..." "Antifunny" is exactly what the name suggests: a serious badass 80ies funk monster of a track with blazing fx and unexpected breakdowns. Wobbly subbasses and his tra ...
staub - little by little
Staub delivers three electronic tracks of the deepest kind on this first release, which clearly represents the moodier side of plainaudio. "Little by little" is a melancholic, yet fluffy electronica piece displaying Staub's talent for atmospheres and vibes. Think grainpads and 808 drums. The second track "Back then" is an homage to oldschool techno and one of these tunes, that keep digging deeper and deeper whilst maintaing a laid back groove. Last but not least there's "Schizoid", which cou ...
hek187 - enemy?s inside
Hek187 gives proof of his skills on three tracks going beyond the usual drum'n'bass routine: "Enemy's inside" comes with huge apache breaks and shuffles its way directly to the centre of your brain. An incredibly deep roller fuelled by pure street knowledge, perfectly balancing toughness and hip-shaking musicality. Even more b-boy attitudes can be found on "Mc Guyver", which starts off with a soft loop but progresses to grow darker all the way through. Hek187 adds sound on sound and the track' ...
lxc - we have to hold apart
Conceived as a kind of different Drum'n'Bass album for a couple of years, the LP entitled "We Have To Hold Apart" was born as a collection of really confusing & probably even refreshing Clicks'n'Bass tunes - until the Winter of 2002/03. Sharply cut pieces of old school drum machines and disfigured crackles of synthosaurs create a shaky uptempo 7/8th bleep blues. Everything is screeching on a dusty silver tray, tasty served with juicy FX. Filled up with several ambient and illbient works, this ...
bad matter - soul on fire
Bad Matter from Berlin comes with a fat headnodder release, which will ensure burnt dancefloors. 'Soul on Fire' combines original ravesounds, sinister vibes and way down pitched vocals to maximum impact. Expect finest beatswitching and sounds, which are always slightly badder than needed and definitely on point. The second tune 'Look' is a clever breakage-inspired amenstomper with dubby vocal effects and a megaton of subbass. Typically Bad Matter's breaks sound just a bit more smashing and th ...
macc - air drumming
Macc shows up with three tracks of outstanding funkyness. A side "Air Drumming" comes with his trademark sound - nervously rattling breaks, a disturbing subbass line plus eerie fx and stabs that spiral up higher and higher into the stratosphere. With "Hallucination First", Macc shows his skills on how to build up a track with subtle yet steady suspense. "Refuge" rounds off the release in a perfect manner, giving you more of that ultra dry beatscience. Take your time to spot all the detailed v ...
repetition|distract - recordings 07/2004 - 05/2005
The debut album of repetition/distract reveals sheer beauty. Full of strange noises, drones, post-rock-influences, feedback and ambient soundscapes, it sometimes makes "darkside" look like a sissy. Get out those headphones and turn the lights off. The songs on "Recordings 07/2004 - 05/2005" are of a laid-back deepness that is hardly to be found in electronic music at all. When listening to the organic shifts, it's sometimes hard to believe that the whole piece was programmed without using an ...
ramon leon - james monacco
Ramon's compositions are solely meant for the ambitious disco guest to gently trip off. Funk guitar, yeah-feelings and hands in the air meet with sample orgies, wafting synthy lines and bass drums which are almost as rough and warm as the coat of Bianca Jagger's mould. Most of the time, the beat is as straight as the highway to Las Vegas and as dry and hot as Death Valley. However, Ramon has identification problems with the disco priest John Travolta, in case you even care enough to ask. ...
buzz - revelation
Another stunning release from Buzz starts off with "Revelation", a piece that truly lives up to its name by providing cinematic soundscapes and eerie effects. Once the bassline gets you, the track grows deeper and deeper, drilling its way right into the heart of darkness. The second track goes by the name of "Dragon Love" and shows some of that old school droppin' science vibes. Retro fx and strong bass make this a burner. Buzz proves once again that he's capable of building atmospheres lik ...
mikrogram vs. buzz - the soul box
After releasing two whole albums in the experimental section we are now proud to present "The Soul Box EP" featuring two tracks by plainaudio weirdo Mikrogram and (Drum &) Buzz. E Ditfest/A Side "The Soul EQ" comes up with an uncountable amount of breaks, beats, beeps, bleeps, blips/blipping, clipping, whipping your ears constantly at around 195,51 bpm (i'd say:(square)pushing forward): [(hardly countable; voices, hardly understandable; subs, hardly recognizable ; rhythms, hardly danceable; t ...
cartridge - no data
We are proud to present Cartridge as our newest Drum & Bass Artist on Plainaudio. The man behind this name already has numerous releases on Labels like Freak Recordings, Bassbin and Nerve as well as early collaborations together with John Rolodex on Dread Recordings back in 2002. More known for the particular kind of music he had already put out, Cartridge debuts on Plainaudio with three pieces of (in his own words) "...the sound i wish 'Cartridge' would have been known for. It fits the name bet ...
iaka - es rappelt im karton
After two releases on Plainaudio the label's head honcho returns with another 3-tracker under his Iaka alias. Double A-Side "Rumpelkiste" and "Zappenduster" represent the full range of the man's typical deep-spaced out and disturbing soundscapes as well as his very unique-sounding layered beats and bouncey basslines. The cleanness and sterility of the sounds as well as the high precision and the focused concentration on details obviously show, in which way Manu Harmilapi (Iaka's Electronic alias ...
ijo - untitled ep
Ijo debuts on Plainaudio with an EP featuring four tracks of highly sophisticated Drill&Bass from the last 5 years. "My release for Plainaudio is totally different from what I've released in the past. Experimental Drum&Bass (for me, and Drill&Bass for others) was always my real passion". Listening to Ijo's EP is a physical experience and the proof that "real passion" leads to pain. "Moise Drill 2" opens up both the EP and your brain at the same time 2056 ghetto style. Blip-symphony "Sypmo" sta ...
hek187 - big dawg ep
Second coming for Berlin based badboy Hek187. Since his last release for Plainaudio, the man has been busy producing the full album of Hard:edged frontline MC Santana aka Semtex for Kehlkopf Records. Now we are very happy to serve you a 4 track EP of finest ghettobreaks right from the street. "Blue Haze" - bring it on! Eerie Strings accompanied by lazy rollin' beats. Barking bass stabs, deadly deep subs with ravey attitude when it comes to the second drop, seen! B-side "Twizter" is one heav ...
alpha omega - bad karma
We are not only very happy but feel also deeply honored to present a release by avant-garde Drum&Bass legend Alpha Omega. From the mans vaults come three tunes of outstanding deepness and darkness. The experience of over ten years of music production shine through every single second of each of the tracks and constantly give you the goosebumps while listening. "Bad Karma" - what a monster of a track - Ultra-Deep-Space-Dub&Bass. Together with its raw and menacing bassline, the track is keeping t ...
hi-lar - 2087 seconds
With his first release on Plainaudio, Hi-lar shows his distinctive way of interpreting Drum&Bass working with its unique vocabulary, formulas and tempi on the one hand while extending it at the same time. Each of the tunes is playing with expectations and not only scratches surfaces but digs way deeper than the regular Drum&Bass listener is used to. We decided to release four tracks by the man that prove his uniqueness and progressiveness as far as a re-interpretation of Drum&Bass is concerned ...
simon/off - crime ep
Though now hailing from Graz, Simon/Off presents us four tracks that can't deny their influence from the Vienna School: atmospheric Blip-Hop scapes meet Praterbreaks in a half empty Coffeehouse where you can smell the smoke of K&D's cigarettes slowly fading away. Advanced Highheel-Step for bitcrushing Anti-Hippies is the order of the day for the first two tracks "Easy" and "Away". Acid-reminiscences of early and mid nineties Warp Recordings set the tone and work hand in hand with Hardcore-stabs ...
fushara - rising
Debut for London based new talent Fushara. Listening to the pack of tracks he sent us over the last months, we have the strong feeling that this young man should not stay unheard for any longer. With his distinct sense of how to balance rattling breaks on the one hand and meditative loopiness on the other, Fushara disabuses from the formula funky drums equals exhaustive top-heaviness. While A Side 'Rising' strongly pushes forward with its steady snare hits and sub-pads, B Side tracks 'Irration ...
mendelayev - diagonal tunnels ep
The tunes of Russian beats-berserk Mendelayev have been around for a while now. They're slowly making their way down from the east through releases on Syncopathic or Transmute Records and also through the sets of some brave DJs that dare to chop the air into pieces with the razerblade-break-o-ramas the man is reknown for. For Plainaudio, Mendelayev comes up with three tracks of his trademark sound (and trademark sound it is, trust me!). We have been looking forward to this release for quite som ...
soulsonic - evil side ep
With his release on Plainaudio, Lithuanian producer SoulSonic expands our catalogue with four pieces that can't deny being influenced by the mid to end nineties sound of Autechre, Boards of Canada and the melancholic fraction of the Warp family. Square-edged slow motion beats meet sad synth stabs and pads in very tight and dense arrangements. As SoulSonic stated, it's emotions and personal experiences that generate the overall mood of his music. We'll leave any further interpretation to the lis ...
cycom - isotope
Plainaudio's own Cycom is back with his third release on our beloved label. After 'Misgiving' within the Santorin's 10th anniversary series and 'Kingsnake' and 'Nomad' on Sub's Syncopathic label, we are happy to start the cold season of the year with some rather warm and mellow pieces from the Hamburg vaults. Summer's over - people start pulling out their winter coats - thick, rough and heavy, stuffed with fur and a bit of a smell of leather ('Isotope'). The heating plants get ready for the rai ...
sub - id
Return match! After featuring Cycom and Buzz on his own imprint Syncopathic, we happily present Sub's first release on our humble platform. For our first output of this year, we chose three tracks that we think represent the Innsbruck school of Drum and Breaks. And if that wasn't enough, Kent's notorious mastering engineer and pickle lover Bob "Macc" Macciochi twiddled with some knobs to make the good music sound ridiculous. Happy New Year! ...
uv - the uv ep
We are about to extend our electronic release section with one well crafted and musically stunning opus by UK based producer Matthew Stenning under his UV moniker. Named after its composer, "The UV EP" brings us both, hard rockin. lamb choppin beats and strings from the heart of darkness along with the sweetest cuddlebleepism since zelda and link's harp duet joined forces with the moomin harmonica crew. This is music for the soul! In the artist's own words: "The UV sound is a very insular one, ...
n-noiz - unbounding the future e.p.
As the tunes of Poland born and now Berlin based producer Marcin Witkowski have been haunting the Plainaudio trackpool for quite some time now, we're particularly happy to give the ghosts a new home today. The EP consists of four tracks from Marcin's recent Uptempo Breaks efforts - and that has to be emphasized on the 'Breaks' side. To our ears it sounds like Rupert Parkes' revenant rattling chains to eerie noises awaiting breakbeat echoes from deep down below. Ladies and gentlemen - drumroll, ...
ijo - floka/minutower
It's been pretty much three years since IJO honoured the Plainaudio catalogue with his Drill and Bass EP. A lot happened in between. Not only did he live and work in London for over two years, gigged with Murcof, Plaid, Breakage or Ed Rush but also put out a record on his own (and with his own music obviously) and released electronic madness on various other netlabels like Envizagae and Resting Bell. Under his moniker 300 Degrees he branched out towards Techno and found a home at Canadian Napal ...
shift - koji
After our excursion into contemporary Jungle we spoil you here at plainaudio with another brilliant two-tracker - this time by the latest addition to our humble artistpool, UK based Shift. With a bucketload of breaks and quite an unconventional playfulness this kind sir took us by surprise and could easily convince us to release two of his gems, Koji and Soultek as our 34th release. We're happy to share this with you. ...
hek187 - sleepwalker ep
If anyone from our humble artist roster could claim the title of a resident, it'd be Hek187 without a doubt. It's the third round for our man from Berlin - after "Enemy's Inside" and "Big Dawg", we are happy to release yet another three-tracker-EP. Wether it's his steady appearance at various nightclubs and venues in the Berlin area or everyday (well, rather -night) business with two little'uns that gave the "Sleepwalker EP" its name, we cannot tell. Be it as it may - the listener gets his/her ...